10/10/17: iOS 11 WiFi Baby App Update | Baby Monitor App Solution
WiFi Baby App Users: There is a known issue with our WiFi Baby app’s menu display for iOS 11. We have an update in the app store. If you have autoupdates on your iPhone or iPad enabled it will update automatically when available. Otherwise you will need to check under App Store > Updates, find WiFi Baby and click UPDATE.
Baby Monitor HD App Users: We have our own iOS 11 compatible WiFi Baby app available HERE
Follow the WiFi Baby app setup guide and video below.
Our free and feature-rich iOS WiFi Baby app is the best video baby monitor app and lets you connect anywhere. Please follow this setup guide to add up to 4 monitors on screen with alerts, background audio and more.
Best Video Baby Monitor App | Video and Text Setup
1. Download the app from iTunes app store. Make sure you are choosing the official WiFi Baby app. It has our logo and the following screen shot in the app description. 2. The first time you open our app you will see a screen that has our company video and the following links. This screen will not appear again after you have added your WiFi Baby.
- Need WiFi Baby? – Redirects to our store to buy additional units as the app works up to 4 on screen with simultaneous audio, alerts
- Add Your WiFi Baby – For the app to discover WiFi Baby, before clicking this make sure
- Your WiFi Baby is already setup wirelessly using the QuickStart guide that came in the box.
- Your iPhone or iPad is on the same home network, not on LTE, etc.
- Transfer Settings: This option is extremely convenient. Once you’re done setting up your app you can share your settings with all your iOS devices with just one click.
3. Once you click Add WiFi Baby the app will automatically search your network and your monitor settings will populate in the HOME IP and HOME PORT fields. Note: Make sure your iOS device is on the same WiFi network as your camera or the search will not work. You will then be asked to enter the username and password you selected for WiFi Baby.
- If WiFi Baby does not show up right away, tap the circle arrows in the upper right hand corner to refresh.
- You can also manually enter your assigned unique WiFi Baby IP; the HOME PORT field default is 80.
4. After you have correctly entered your username and password, a SUCCESS! popup will appear asking if you want to enter your MyWiFiBaby URL to connect anywhere while not on your home network. Your unique MyWiFiBaby URL is found on the main page of your WiFi Baby monitor settings page. This is also detailed in the QuickStart guide. More info HERE: Your options are:
- Yes – Perfect. See example below to enter your MyWiFiBaby URL in the AWAY IP/DNS field and enter 8150 in the AWAY PORT field.
- Learn More – This takes you to a detailed support guide HERE
- Not Now – Don’t have it? No problem. You can enter it later and still be completely setup on your home network.
The app will now leave the settings screen and connect to WiFi Baby on your home network. If you entered your MyWiFi Baby URL you can also test it by shutting off your WiFi on your device, closing the app, and reopening only your data plan. 5. Features: On the upper left hand side is the symbol: < Slide to the right and it will reveal these options: Add WiFi Baby: This option unlocks the ability to add additional WiFi Baby cameras (each sold separately). You can have up to 4 on screen in various configurations (shown below) with simultaneous video and audio. Prevents Auto-Lock: Once the app is opened, if background audio is enabled (see graphic above) it prevents your device from going “to sleep.” You can multitask using other apps (still hearing audio) and it will still prevent your device from locking. Additionally, for overnight monitoring, if you opt to turn your screen off you will still hear audio in lock mode like listening to iTunes or Spotify. The app will continue to work all through the night. Send/Receive Settings: This option is extremely convenient. Once you’ve set the app up once, you’re done. If you have multiple iOS devices you can share your settings with all your devices with just one click. Edit: Takes you back to your WiFi Baby’s settings screen. Background Audio: This allows audio while using other apps along with notifications. Audio Boost: Doubles the max volume of your device. This is nice to have when you’re monitoring in an area that has a lot of ambient noise and want to be reassured you can hear everything. Auto Mute: Set a minimum audio level to hear audio. Useful at night so you are hearing only what’s important: Your Baby. It eliminates any nursery music you have on an iPod dock or white noise machine. Lvl Notify: Set a minimum audio level for a notification. This alerts you both with an audio alarm and a rolling banner on your iOS device. Drop Notify: This alerts you in case your WiFi network disconnects. Delete: Deletes the selected WiFi Baby camera. 6. Camera Viewing Configurations:
- Pinch/Expand the video into multiple camera configurations with up to 4 on screen or have all of them full size and scroll up and down.
- Pinch/expand to zoom.
- Additionally, a double tap on the camera screen removes the camera name.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org