Setup Guides | Videos | Phone Support
The following guide is to be used ONLY if you can’t connect when away from home and No UPnP Gateway appeared on your WiFi Baby SYSTEM page:
Additionally, not being able to connect when away is usually just from a typo entering settings in the iOS or Android apps.
Please verify the following is correct before continuing.
- MyWiFiBaby URL in AWAY IP/DNS field
- 8150 is entered in the AWAY PORT field
- User Name and Password
If you’ve checked everything out, please continue. We will need a add permission to your router to access WiFi Baby securely using apps or any browser while away. The general guide is below. If you have an Airport or ATT U-Verse router, please use the following links instead:
Away Setup Guide (Advanced)
1. Visit Portforward.com.
Keep this page open in another browser window for reference. Find the brand of your router from the list. In this example we are using Netgear. Yours will likely be different. The brand is found on your WiFi router.
2. A $29.99 popup will appear. Ignore this. Don’t worry, this setup is free. This is for other products, not ours. Just hit the Close X button shown on the screen shot below.
3. Now you are picking the specific model number of your router. In this case WGR614v8. This is usually on the bottom or back of your router.
4. An amazingly long list of applications will appear. Scroll down to the bottom and find the name of our manufacturer: Y-Cam.
5. OK, we are almost done. This will walk you through how to log into your router. In this case we will type in 192.168.62.1 to our browser to log into our Netgear router. We will then type in admin password for the user/password. This is found on the bottom of your router. This is NOT your wireless password you use for your WiFi network to authenticate your devices: laptop, iPhone, Android, etc.
6. Follow the steps at Portforward.com for setup screen shots of your router.
Once you are done go to the settings page of your WiFi Baby. On the right menu you will see Network. Click this and pick either TCP/IP Setup or Static IP Setup. The name will vary per WiFi Baby model. You will then see the following screen.
In this example our WiFi Baby camera’s IP address is 192.168.62.150. Your camera’s IP address will vary but will ALWAYS begin with the same numbers as your router’s IP address. In this example, 192.
The default gateway is the same IP address as your router. In this case 192.168.62.1
The primary DNS is also 192.168.62.1 in this example, same as the router.
If you are setting up multiple WiFi Baby cameras you can just pick 8151, 8152, etc for each camera. The rest of the setup remains the same.
7. You are officially done with port forwarding. Now just open your iPhone, iPad or Android app. In the screen shot below we are using our free WiFi Baby iOS app. The concept and step below is the same with the Android app. If you have already setup your camera for local WiFi the Home IP will already be entered.
Remember, the following is an example. Your IP will be different.
iOS or Android apps:
mywifibaby.com example: AWAY IP/DNS field: wbxxxxxx.mywifibaby.com AWAY PORT field: 8150
mywifibaby.com example: wbxxxxxx.mywifibaby.com:8150
Success! You can now access WiFi Baby at home or anywhere on iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac, PC.